M-2 Project Detail
The Lahore – Islamabad Motorway (M-2) connects Islamabad to Lahore via Northern parts of Punjab. The total length of M-2 is 357 KM with its starting point Thokar Niaz Baig and ends at Islamabad Toll Plaza. It was handed over to Motorway Operations and Rehabilitation Engineering (Pvt) Ltd (MORE) in Dec 2014. The company is formed for the purpose of rehabilitation, modernization and operations & maintenance of (M-2), which connects Lahore to Islamabad via 6 lane 357 KM road having 22 interchanges.
Motorway M-2 is a preferred choice of road network for most of the commuters due to its safety and well located facilities/services. Motorway Service areas are of great significance for the commuters traveling on the motorway. The Objective is to provide facilities for commuters to take a break from driving, and then return to the road rested and alert. These areas can provide, an engaging experience, or a restful and quiet place of respite. These MSA’s have to offer food, parking, restrooms 24 hours a day, with no closures at all.
Electronic Toll and Traffic Management (ETTM).
- M-Tag registration centers.
- Online M-Tag recharge facility.
- Electronic Traffic Management with Close Circuit TV System (CCTV).
- Traffic Counting Stations and Weigh-In Motion (WIM) Systems.
Repair & Rectification
Under the provisions of the CA, LSMIM is required to design, construct, operate and maintain the BOT Project for the concession period. LSMIM, at its own expense, undertakes repair/maintenance of the BOT Project.
- Tolling Operation & Management.
- Rehabilitation / Overlay
- Routine Repair & Maintenance.
- Right of way Management.
- Patrolling & Vigilance.
- Address commuters’ complaints.
- Rapid Rescue & Recovery in accidents & emergencies.
- Provision of uninterrupted power supply.
- Immediate Medical Assistance (First Aid).
- Safeguarding Assets
- Traffic Management, Accident Coverage.
- Coordination with Civil administrations.
- Report on faults/damages.
- Stoppage of unauthorized activities.
Plantation & Road Cleaning
- New Plantation, Trimming/cutting.
- Watering, Hoeing.
- Median Cleaning.
- Road Cleanliness.
- Garbage Collection.
- Rain Water Removal.
Toll Collection Points
As per the Concession Agreement, MORE is authorized to collect tolls from road commuters at the following locations:
- Toll Plaza – 1 (Main Toll Plaza Islamabad).
- Toll Plaza – 2 (Thallian).
- Toll Plaza – 3 (Chakri).
- Toll Plaza – 4 (Balkasar).
- Toll Plaza – 5 (Neela Dullah).
- Toll Plaza – 6 (Kallar Kahar).
- Toll Plaza – 7 (Lillah).
- Toll Plaza – 8 (Bhera).
- Toll Plaza – 9 (Salam Chowk).
- Toll Plaza – 10 (Kot Momin).
- Toll Plaza – 11 (Sial More).
- Toll Plaza – 12 (Pindi Bhattian).
- Toll Plaza – 13 (Kot Sarwar).
- Toll Plaza – 14 (Khanqah Dogran).
- Toll Plaza – 15 (Hiran Minar).
- Toll Plaza – 16 (Sheikhupura).
- Toll Plaza – 17 (Kala Shah Kaku).
- Toll Plaza – 18 (Kot Abdul Malik).
- Toll Plaza – 19 (Faizpur).
- Toll Plaza – 20 M2-M3
- Toll Plaza – 21 (Main Toll Plaza Lahore).
- Toll Plaza – 22 (Babu Sabu).